Monday, June 27, 2011

Trend Board: Puffin Inspiration

As a lover of birds, I continuously find them inspiration. This is the first in a weekly series of posts where I use a bird as inspiration for a trend.

PuffinBoard
Image links below


I chose the puffin because I've been thinking about them for a while. I don't know why that is, but regardless they've been on my mind. They've always been one of my favorite birds because they are so interesting looking. I love their colorful beaks and the pops of bright color they have. The expression on their face is one of playfulness, curiosity, and youth. I also associate adventure and rugged outdoors-y-ness with them because of their coastal cliff habitats. I also love the variations in textures they have, from the hard and chiseled beaks, to the soft feathers, down to their slick webbed-feet. They have some great attributes that I thought would work well for boys clothes.

The trend board I've created showcases many of those attributes. The collection of clothes for boys ages 5-10 that emulate the puffins playfulness and sense of adventure. Pieces include graphic tees, hoodies, shorts and pants. Using neutral grounds with bright accent colors in the graphics and on the stitching, collars, cuffs that echo the puffin's beak. The graphics used would be more simple shapes, but with various textures. The themes of the graphics would be playful, adventurous, natural/outdoorsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment